Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekends aren't Long Enough

I have to admit that I got spoiled in December and early January. I took the Monday before Christmas off which was great because I finished a knitted Christmas present and I got all of my presents wrapped so I rolled into Christmas relatively stress-free. Then there was vacation so I had three extra long weekends. After a week back at work, I was excited when this past weekend rolled around. However, two days sure isn’t as nice as long weekends. It was a nice weekend filled with knitting, watching football and spending time with my guys. Tomorrow there will be a post about the knitting escapades of the weekend with pictures. The weekend ended up being half taking care of the necessities of life – laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping, things that can’t be put off and the other half was just what I wanted. The real challenge is to figure out how to accomplish more of the necessities during the week so that I don’t have to spend so much time on those things on the weekends. I know a big part of the equation is simplifying the world around me. As much as I love my stuff, it creates an environment that requires constant de-cluttering. I have piles of books and piles of yarn and piles of stuff all over the place. I have to get rid of the piles and make a place for everything and keep everything in its place - another reason to work on major WIP and Stash reduction. Happy Monday everyone!

No comments: