Friday, January 9, 2009

600 Stitches is Alot of Stitches

It is Friday after a long and busy week at work, but a productive one where we met our first deadlines of the year without blood or tears. Now, I can’t wait for 5:00 so that the weekend can technically begin because I am all about the weekends!

My knitting has been slow going this week between work and the fact that I am at the point in Just Enough Ruffles where I had to do the increases to 600 stitches and now I have to knit rows with 600 Stitches! I know that I probably knit 600 stitches at one time when knitting, but there is something psychologically daunting to have them in one row and it seems to take forever. Assuming that I can get through the four and half rows that are left, this baby will be done this weekend! What a great way to start the first full week of 2009 with a completed project. It seems that this project will only use a small portion of the second ball of Malabrigo so it would appear that there may be another hat in my knitting future. I am all about using up the yarn this year – no partial balls taking up space in the stash!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. As part of finding happiness and joy in my every day life, I have made the decision to make the weekends really special and make them the best they can be. See you on Monday.

No comments: