Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Moments of Peace

Work be damned! If only it were that easy. Work is getting in the way of this week’s knitting. We are in the midst of another week consumed by getting out another application – this time to the state of Indiana, a state we have never applied in before. So…the next couple of nights will be late ones. I did take a couple of minutes this morning to finish the last three rows of my third Kureyon Log Cabin Square. The project is the perfect mix of simplicity and interest. The changes in color and creating the strips of the Log Cabin keep the project moving along and I don’t have to think too much about what I am doing and it is knitting that I can do without even having to look at what I am doing. Sometimes this is just the kind of project that we need when we want to find some moments of peace during a crazy time and the feel of wool and the rhythm of needles can do that for us. So during these next few crazy days I hope that I can take a moment here and there to find that peace.

No comments: