Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside...and, I've Got Knits

The arctic cold made its way to North Carolina by last night. It was 23 when I drove home from the ExH’s house and this morning it was a chilly 12 degrees. We are experiencing the coldest weather we have had here in our area of North Carolina in four years. One of the nicest things about living in North Carolina is that we get a taste of all four seasons and as a girl who grew up in the Northeast, I appreciate a taste of winter from time to time and the one thing you can hold onto here is that it never lasts all that long. As a knitter, a little cold weather gives me an opportunity to bring out the Knits. Yesterday Argosy got her first debut along with the matching Maine Morning Mitts I got done in December. This morning, Just Enough Ruffles is enjoying her first debut. I just love the Malabrigo and the color is a good one for me. Everyone has loved my work and a couple of the girls yesterday just went gaga over my mitts. I love them, but the colors are not ideal for my wardrobe. When I started them I had no idea how much yarn they would take and I thought more of the colors in the Kureyon colorway would come into play, but in reality only two gradients of the teal color and two of the olive green color were used – not the best to compliment my wardrobe. So I have three more skeins of Kureyon and I think there will be another pair of mitts in my future and some other scarf either another Argosy or Multi-directional scarf.

As I mentioned earlier this week, I was working on an application deadline. I was at work late on Wednesday night and back in very early on Thursday morning ready for the big push to get the application out the door in time for the last UPS pick up at 9pm. Well around 9am the affiliate responsible for the project found out that the city was pulling their support – so no more application. When I found out I was aggravated and then the air literally just came out of my sails and I was beat the rest of the day. The one highlight…I was able to take the O&O to the orthodontist and I got in some knitting time while waiting which made things better.

It’s the weekend again and it will be all about knitting and working on improving our home environment. Between the cold temperatures and a desire to nest, I am going to try and stay close to home this weekend. I want to get the One Cable Vest going again and do some more stash organizing while working on improving the home environment. I hope all of you have a happy and productive weekend.

No comments: