Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hope for the Future...Hope for Projects Old and New

The weekend saw my return to the One Cable Vest and I managed to get it back to the place where I had to RIP from while we were in Florida. I really like the cable and it is an easy one to work with and it is looking really nice in the Malabrigo. I have to think that it is possible that I could finish the front by the end of the upcoming weekend. Wouldn’t that be nice! In the interim, I found another ball of Kureyon in my stash and I began another Log Cabin square. They are addictive and they offer such wonderful, mindless knitting as I have mentioned before. There is hope for getting my projects over the finish line because what I realize is that I really enjoy my handknit masterpieces.


We had snow last night and today I am wearing an old Classic Elite sweater that I made back in the late 80’s. I don’t get to wear it very often here because it is a heavy yet warm sweater and we don’t have a lot of weather cold enough for this kind of sweater. I am enjoying the light blanket of snow covering our landscape and a chance to enjoy this old knit.

Happy Inauguration Day – no matter what your political affiliation may be, I think today is a day that all Americans can be proud. There is hope for the future and as our new President articulated today "there is nothing so satisfying to the spirit, so defining of our character, than giving our all to a difficult task."

No comments: