Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Frustrations and a Plan

It was a weekend of frustrations on the knitting front and on the home front, but since this is a knitting blog, let’s start with the knitting frustrations. I spent a good deal of time working on the One Cable Vest and got to the armhole bind offs and something was off on my gauge so currently my pieces are not matching. I am going to try and solve the problem with blocking and easing the stitches in when I seam, but was I pissed. I keep having various issues on projects and it is getting a little old. I think it is a lesson learned that you risk success when you don’t make a project all at once or if you don’t take lots of notes about what you have done. I thought I had my act together, but maybe not. So that was episode one of my frustrations. The other frustration I encountered was when I picked up Juno Regina. I got to the end of my third row and something was off! How does that happen? So I need to tink back to the first row of the chart. I just didn’t have the heart to do it at the time. So what does a girl do when her knitting is failing her? She goes to a project that hardly ever disappoints. I am on to block 6 for the Log Cabin blanket. I also found another skein of Kureyon so after this one I can make two more before I have to buy more yarn.

I am debating taking a break from sweaters. There are too many variables that can doom a project and since I am in weight loss mode again, I think I will work on finishing up all of the accessories in my stash and queue. I am going to participate in the Lime-n-Violet Sock Marathon. I have picked out 6 sock patterns to make with a couple of alternates. The marathon lasts six months so I should be able to get six pairs made and that would clear up a decent segment of my stash. I have 3 skeins of Kidsilk Haze for scarves. I have yarn to make a lovely Smoke Ring. I have yarn for the Bird in Hand mittens. I have yarn to make the Jared Flood cover mittens from Vogue Fall 2008 and I want to make some more mitts with some of my stash yarn. So after I finish the One Cable Vest, I am going to concentrate on some accessories for a while. And there are babies to knit for!! A couple of co-workers are having babies and I have yarn in the stash meant for baby projects. And I have a bunch of yarn taking up space that was meant for charity hats. So maybe this is the best way to clear out some of the stash for the next couple of months and during that time I can try and finish up some of the sweater WIPs before I begin any new sweater projects. OK so I said I would have a plan and here it is hot off the presses.

No comments: