Friday, January 23, 2009

Another Time Around the Block

Instead of working on the One Cable Vest, this week I made another Kureyon Log Cabin square. I finished it this morning before heading to work. This makes 5 complete and I think I have yarn in the stash for at least one more. I am finding that these squares are good projects during the week. Now that it is the weekend again I will be concentrating on the One Cable Vest. I am not sure if it will get finished this weekend, but it will be fairly close.

I know I have mentioned this already, but I keep trying to make a plan of attack. January is just shy of a week from being over and although I got several squares made, I did not accomplish as much as I should have in terms of other projects. Sure I finished Just Enough Ruffles and Argosy, but the vest should be done and Tribeca should be back in the daily knitting rotation. What projects do I need to have finished to feel in control of my knitting WIP and stash?

I think in the major sense, if I could get the vest and Tribeca complete and get Juno Regina to the point where I am doing the long middle sections that would be good. In the lesser sense I hate that my corkscrew scarf is just waiting for the corkscrews to be sewn on and that I have a cardigan that just needs new buttons sewn on and the hat that just needs to be felted and the bag that is almost done. These things keep lingering and it is stupid that they are not done. This does not even begin to address all the other WIP’s, but it does address the most current things I have been working on. So with all of that stated, what should the plan be?

I am itching to get back to having a sock in my rotation and I really should get the Bird in Hand mittens done that have been sitting in my stash since last winter. Okay enough waxing poetic. When I return on Monday, I will have a plan. I read something somewhere the other day that if you work your plan then you will succeed in reaching your goals.

Happy weekend everyone and see you on Monday.

No comments: