Friday, January 30, 2009

What a Week

Not sure how the week got away from me, but it sure did and now it is the weekend again as well as my birthday. Should be a potentially wonderful weekend and tops on the list besides celebrating my birthday and watching the Super Bowl – why knitting and cleaning.

I have to say that after outlining my new game plan for my knitting I feel really good about my decision. It feels right. I love sweaters and I am sure that at some point there will be sweater knitting – after all, it is inevitable, but in the meantime I am excited about starting or I should say continuing my accessories knitting. The Lime-n-Violet 2009 Sock Marathon begins on Sunday and I will be casting on finally for my Maelstroms. I can’t wait. The pattern appears to be interesting and I really want to work with the Malabrigo. I also think that it is time to start work on the Swirl Shawl. It’s the kind of project that can replace the Log Cabin Squares until I acquire some more Kureyon. I am sort of hoping that I can do one swirl in a sitting so that there can be steady progress. I also think that I will start my “Bird in Hand” mittens. I am awaiting the arrival of the book I ordered from Knit Picks on Colorwork techniques so it seems like the time is right. And I am ready to cast on for the Smoke Ring. So that is 4 projects on top of what I am already working on – phew! I am excited about all of these and I am ready to tackle the One Cable Vest this weekend and bring it to conclusion. I will make it work and at this point, I just want to get it done. I have learned a valuable lesson from this project and I will carry it forward as I move on to other projects.

This morning I have been listening to The Knitmoregirl’s latest podcast. The title thread of the podcast is “Own it and Be Proud.” Jasmin talks about one’s stash and says that for some knitters stash is akin to bulimia – you binge on buying and then claim that you have to purge yourself of your stash. Her thoughts are own it and be proud of it. For me, my stash reduction is not so much about purging as it is about creating with it. I bought it to be used and I love my stash, but the individual yarns need to realize their full potential and become the beautiful objects that they are meant to be.

So the stash will start to get a workout over the next few weeks and I am very happy and excited about what I have planned. I wish you all a great weekend and see you on Monday.

1 comment:

Jasmin said...

Agree (1). That's the entire gist of owning it and being proud.

Rock that stash!