Thursday, November 20, 2008

How I Love the Weekends - Part 2

I started this blog as a way to document my journey as I work through my Wip and Stash as well as the journey of creating beautiful things in my favorite medium, knitting. I have not stuck to my original goals and I am not going to apologize or make excuses for that, but now it is time to get focused and this past weekend was a move in the right direction.

The weekend started with a day devoted primarily to cleaning. The house has gotten out of control with my fiber all over the place and I am a “piler”. I have piles of things all over the house because I always think I will want some piece of information and let’s not get started on the books. I love books and I have piles of them all around the living room and my bedroom. I have piles of knitting patterns in my dining room/knitting room as well as the living room and the breakfast room of my house. So by the end of Saturday, there was some semblance of improvement throughout the main level of my house, but there is still more to go.

On to the theme of the blog – knitting and a return to the WIP pile. Sunday I picked up my Denim and Roses Raglan sweater and I figured out where I am, but I quickly realized that I need to sit down with this pattern and work out on paper how the rest of the sweater is worked because the directions are a little vague. I didn’t want to do that at that particular moment so I picked up another project from the pile, a Noni bag that has been sitting for maybe two years waiting for me to knit the camellia flowers that adorn the bag. I don’t know why I put it aside except that I had never knit flowers before and let me say…thank god for the internet because there were errors in the pattern and quite honestly I found the directions to be vague (what is it with vague directions!), but between the Noni site and Ravelry, I was able to get on track and I have already gotten two flowers knit (except for the centers – I have to wait for some yarn to arrive to finish those). I am supposed to knit 5 in total so my goal for this week is to get the 5 done. It is easy knitting now that I know what I am doing and I am psyched to get this project on its way to completion. I have not done any felting since I moved to my new house three years ago. So this coming weekend will be a felting weekend. I have a hat that I knit over three years ago that is just waiting to be felted and now I have the bag and flowers to felt. It’s always a little scary the first time around and I do have a different washing machine at this house, but all should be fine. I have never had a felting disaster yet so I have no reason to fear it this time around. So finally a return to what I am supposed to be accomplishing in my knitting world.

No comments: