Tuesday, November 18, 2008

How I Love the Weekends - a revisit to Weekends Past

Over the last month or so I have just loved my weekends. The weather has been perfect for knitting and with the cooler weather I am sleeping better and everything has just been really nice in my personal life. The weekend before last was no different. Yes, this should have been published last week, but what a week it turned out to be at work.

Last Saturday morning, I finished my two Noro scarves and that Sunday morning I finished my Spring Forward Socks! It feels so good to move things into the finished column. I know that I have probably diluted my efforts by having so many projects on the needles, but I am trying to get through them between now and the end of the year. The only new things that are going on the needles are small projects to do before Christmas.

Then last Saturday I went on my last knitting road trip of the year. After hearing that Charlotte Yarn had a new shipment of Malabrigo, I decided to take a road trip and check out the new store. The store is lovely – it’s a corner location with lots of windows so it feels bright and open and really shows off the beautiful array of yarn. They did not have as much Malabrigo as I would have liked, but I did pick up a couple of skeins of Malabrigo Lace in Pink Frost. Not sure what it will be, but it will be lovely. I also picked up a skein of Kidsilk Haze to make a Scaruffle from The Book of Yarn. On my way back from Charlotte, I stopped at one of my local yarn stores and bought another skein of Kidsilk Haze and some more yarn for one more feather and fan scarf. And then, when I arrived home and checked the mail, I found my order from WEBS which included a skein of Malabrigo Sock. You want to talk heaven! I can’t wait to cast on and the sock of choice for the Malabrigo is Cookie A.’s Maelstrom. I have been eying that pattern since Twist Collective hit the net and I’ve kept my eye open for the right yarn and when I saw the Impressionist Sky colorway in the Malabrigo Sock, I knew I had found the right yarn.

Last but not least, last weekend saw a return to Tribeca. It will be a very nice sweater once it is done, but all that moss stitch!! It does add wonderful texture to the Cascade 220. It will be perfect for Christmas if I can get my act in gear. I haven’t touched the Lady since our trip to Pinehurst so I am not sure if that will be done for Thanksgiving, but that will be OK since it will be a very low-key Thanksgiving in our world this year.

No comments: