Friday, November 21, 2008

How I Love the Weekends - Part 3

It has been very satisfying to work on finishing some old projects. As I knit the flowers for the Noni bag, I kept questioning why I waited so long to just sit and make them. It has been wonderful, easy knitting at a time when I have been worn out from other things. I have them all done and now it is just a waiting game until my yarn arrives for the center bobbles.

I took some time to look at the directions for my Denim and Roses Raglan and I came to the conclusion that I am just going to have to work through it. I am actually kind of psyched to get working on it and just get it done. I don’t believe that it will take all that long once I get to work and I just love the colors in this sweater. I don’t know if it will look good on me, but I love it for the moment and since I am in size reduction mode, hopefully it will just get better as the winter progresses. Speaking of size reduction, I have been thinking that just by losing weight I can significantly reduce my yarn expenditures. Does anyone think that will be strong enough motivation? I’ve been giving it some thought lately. Smaller size means less yarn and also the less time it will take to knit a whole sweater. Sounds good to me!

Another weekend is upon us and again I am psyched. There will be some more work on the house, but other than that it will be a fiber weekend and since it is freezing here that sounds like perfection to me!!

No comments: