Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Recap

Lately it seems that a recap is all I get accomplished in terms of blogging during the week. Really no excuse this week – so I will try to do better next week. Although, we are going away at the end of the week!!

Last weekend turned out differently than planned in terms of what I accomplished. I did a lot of work on the Spring Forward sock. I did the heel flap and turned the heel on Saturday. I figured on Sunday I would pick up the gusset stitches and work through the decreases, but the knitting fairies had other ideas for what should be knit on Sunday.

On Saturday, I had purchased some Noro Silk Garden to make a “Scarfy Come Home” scarf for a Christmas present. So Sunday was devoted to starting that scarf, as well as the scarf I need to make for my co-worker for Christmas. The Silk Garden is lovely to knit with and the pattern is great for mindless knitting. The Feather and Fan scarf for my co-worker is a pattern that I have made several times before and it is also a very easy knit. Both scarves are about 40 - 50% complete. It feels good to know that something is getting accomplished as far Christmas gifts are concerned.

So what does all this mean for the weekend ahead? Well, the debate all week has been whether to go to SAFF (Southeast Animal Fiber Festival in Ashville) or not. As much as I want to go, I am leaning toward staying closer to home – maybe go check out the new Charlotte Yarn store. The reality is I DO NOT NEED ANY MORE YARN!!!!!

If I was smart, I would stay home and get some more work done around the house, do some work on all of my many projects and save my $$$. I haven’t worked on Tribeca at all and I need to get going on my February Lady sweater if I want to wear it for Thanksgiving. Then there is the finishing of the two scarves and the two pair of socks currently on the needles. I think if I completed some of these smaller projects then I would feel like I could really get moving on these sweaters and my vest. Then there are my other Christmas gifts to make – Maine Morning Mitts and a matching scarf for someone. Then there is the possibility of the Hemlock Ring Blanket and the bags for my mom and it goes on and on and on!!

Next week should be a good knitting week. The kid doesn’t have any projects and I am off on Thursday and Friday for a long weekend trip to Pinehurst. Yeah. While the guys golf, I can knit, knit, knit!!!

No comments: