Thursday, September 18, 2008

Variety...It's the Spice of Life

Yesterday I outlined my many knitting projects and how I like to have different ones that match my knitting mood at any given moment. I was reading Margene’s blog this morning and she was also talking about how she likes to be working a smaller project while she continues with her monogamous approach to only a few big projects. That’s sort of the way I look at my primary projects in process.

I like to have a main project. For a while that was the Dayflower Cardigan. Now, it is the vest. Then I also like to have a pair of socks on the needles. That has been the Spring Forward socks, but they have been edged aside by my Magic Loop sock and my soon to go on the needles first attempt at a toe-up sock. Then I like to have a lace project. Now that I have finished the Lace Ribbon scarf, Juno Regina has filled that space. Then I seem to have some other little project to fill some voids. I made the three baby hats and just like Margene, I have the yarn just waiting for Jared Flood’s Turn a Square hat. I also want to start some fingerless mitts. Yes, this seems like a lot, but it seems to work in a way that keeps my interest high in all of my projects. It provides variety for my hands which seems to ward off hand pain and you know what they say…variety is the spice of life!

No comments: