Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My So Called Knitting Life

My work life has been so crazy lately. I work in a field where it is feast or famine. It always seems like there is either too much to do or too little. I prefer to be busy, but it sometimes runs into my free time – thus the reduction in posts lately. When the choice comes down to knitting or posting, I have to choose the knitting!!

I have been working on various projects – some monogamy, but a little bit of knitting ADD too! I was asked to make a pink square for a blanket my local yarn store is making for a breast cancer group. So that had to be finished by today and thankfully I got it done over the weekend. I am also still taking the Magic Loop class so I have been working on that. I completed my homework assignment for last week and now I need to get working on this week’s assignment which is basically to finish the sock. The good news is this coming week I will be the only one in class so the teacher is going to show me how to start a toe up sock. I am going to make the Interlocking Leaves sock from the new Knitty and I can’t wait. I also found the perfect pattern for the three skeins of Malabrigo that I got a few weeks ago. I debated making my sister a Juliet, but she lives in Miami and I wasn’t sure how much use she would get out of it. At Knit Night last week I saw a sample in the shop of a vest and it was one of those moments when you know you have found the right project. I have started it as my sort of no-thinking knitting. I love the feel of Malabrigo and the color is so beautiful – like watercolors! I worked on Tribeca at last week’s Knit Night and I should get to the armhole bind offs this week. After that, I hope the back will finish up quickly.

I had joined the Ravelry group One Day a Week for UFO’s and on Sunday while watching football, I finished the actual scarf portion of my Nicky Epstein Corkscrew Fringe Scarf. Now I just have to attach the fringe. She doesn’t really give directions about the best way to do this so I guess it will be a case of trial and error. I also got out a lot of my UFO’s and photographed them and figured out what it is going to take to get them done. Originally I was dedicating the whole month of September to UFO’s and that didn’t happen because of knitting commitments that I made with deadlines, but I feel like I am making progress and I know I will get them done sooner rather than later. I just need more time. I was busy helping the kid again last night with a project so that ate up my knitting time and tomorrow night we have a required meeting at school so that will also eat up time. Such is life.

What else, I didn’t work on Juno Regina at all last weekend, but I am ready to start the chart 3 and I am looking forward to working through it. This was supposed to be my no-thinking knitting once I got to the middle portion and the hard lace work was over until it is time to start the other end. Gosh, I sure have a lot going on as far as on the needles is concerned, but certain projects match certain moods. I still need to do the finishing on the Dayflower Cardigan. I am procrastinating which is stupid. In my mind I see myself doing it so I have to make the time in real life to just get it done!

To end things for today, a FINISHED OBJECT!! I finally took pictures this weekend and here is the finished Lace Ribbon Scarf. I really enjoyed this project. I was so happy that I was able to find the perfect project for this yarn. Thank you Ravelry!! It blocked out nicely and it has a lovely feel to it. Not sure if it will stay with me or be a gift for someone, but it feels great to get another project into the finished column!

No comments: