Monday, September 8, 2008

Taking a class does mean there will be homework!

I started my Magic Loop class on Saturday and wouldn’t you know – we have homework! Usually this would not be an issue except it has put a twist in my plan to dedicate September to finishing my UFO’s. With that said, I guess the only thing to do is regroup. I joined the Ravelry group dedicated to working on UFO’s one day a week. So, I will do that instead of dedicating the whole month to UFO’s. I also have another bit of charity knitting due on the 17th so I really need to place my focus in these areas. I am glad that I am taking the Magic Loop class. I am still not convinced about doing socks this way, but I like the idea of trying it for hats and sleeves. The reason I may not be totally on board about the socks may not be so much because of the Magic Loop but because I am using a cotton-based yarn. Even though it contains some wool and nylon, it does not have the elasticity that a wool-based yarn seems to have. Once I learn the whole process then I am planning on making a pair of Monkeys this way and then I will know for sure whether I like it or not.

I got the sleeves blocked for the Dayflower, but I did not get the seaming done. I tended to a sick family member on Saturday and I cleaned and did more laundry than I care to think about, but the house is back almost in order and Project #2 for the kid is actually pretty simple so hopefully this week will be a productive week and as already promised, I need to get some pictures taken!!

No comments: