Friday, September 5, 2008

Back to Status Quo

Well summer is over and we are back on the merry-go-round known as homework, projects, etc. Now that the kid is in the eighth grade, he is responsible for most of his work, but when it comes to projects, I try to oversee what is happening and make sure that he is doing the best job he can. So…that often adds another layer of stress to my world because we have to work his deadlines around the fact that he stays with his dad on various nights of the week and sometimes during the week he will stay with his dad two nights in a row and that can make my participation complicated. We work it out for the most part, but it can be a real pain sometime. I know that we will be heavy on projects from now until March and then things quiet down for the remainder of the school year. So the last two nights were spent on project assistance instead of going to Knit Night on Wednesday and just plain knitting last night. A mom has to do what a mom has to do.

The first Spring Forward sock is complete and it fits great! I have not gotten around to blocking the sleeves for the Dayflower cardi, but that whole process won’t take long once I get around to it. I am itching for the weekend so that I can get to work on the UFO’s. It should be a quiet weekend and we are waiting to see if we will receive any effects from Hanna. We could use the rain, but it may not get to us here in the Piedmont of North Carolina. I wouldn’t mind a rainy weekend – they are always so perfect for knitting.

I just found out that the Magic Loop class I wanted to take will go forward so tomorrow I will spend two hours learning Magic Loop. I could probably teach myself, but I thought it would be nice to take a class and maybe meet some new knitter friends. I really do like knitting socks on double points, but we will give this a try. I was not totally crazy about socks on two circs so we will give this a try.

I really need to get my house cleaned up. It is in a little bit of chaos because I have not made it a priority, but it is at the point where it is time. It has begun to drive me crazy. So it will be a weekend of nesting and knitting. I hope everyone has a great weekend and there will definitely be pictures on Monday.

No comments: