Monday, September 22, 2008

Gift Knitting

My mom’s birthday is coming up in November and I have a couple of small projects that I want to make for her. On one of my knitting store road trips, I visited The Peace of Yarn in Matthews, NC. It was a lovely shop with a wide variety of yarn and the owner, Cindy, was very nice. While there, I found some Tilli Tomas, Disco Lights, in the Ruby Wine colorway. In the Interweave Knits Holiday 2007 magazine there is a pattern for a little clutch that uses this yarn and it will be perfect for my mom to use during the holiday season and on a cruise my parents are going on in February. Also, last year I started a Noni bag for my mom. I still need to knit the flowers, but then I just need to felt everything and that bag will be pretty much done so she can be the happy recipient (I hope!) of two special handmade gifts this year.

It is a little over three months until Christmas and I have a few things that I want to accomplish in terms of gifts for others. Last year I gave a co-worker a Booga J bag and she has asked for a scarf to go with it. Thankfully, I still have just enough yarn to make her a scarf. I am also thinking that if I can get it done then I would like to give my grandmother the Juno Regina that I have started. I think the color would look good on her and although she lives in Florida, she likes to have something to cover her arms and give her a little bit of warmth when needed. I also would like to send my aunt and cousin maybe a little something. As we were talking about little filler projects the other day, most of my holiday knitting will fall into this category. I need to get organized and prioritize so that I get these projects into the queue and finished in plenty of time. I also should think about something for my sister. There was a little wrap top in the Summer Knitty that would actually be perfect for her and I have some stash yarn that I think would be good for that project. I guess I have my work cut out for me, but none of these projects are too big. So on with the gift of knitting!

No comments: