Monday, August 4, 2008

The Weekend in Review

Weekends are such a balancing act. They represent prime knitting time, but they are also the time when I have to do all the responsible stuff – like clean the house, go to the grocery store, do the laundry, etc. Despite all the real life stuff I had to deal with this weekend, I did manage to get a fair amount of knitting done.

I finished the back of the Dayflower Cardigan and have started the front. I have completed three repeats of the lace pattern and the flower detail is quite nice. I also did a repeat and a half of the pattern for the Lace Ribbon Scarf (most of which was done between 3 and 5 am Sunday morning.) And last, I went in the stash and looked for what I could find for the preemie hats for Knaked Knit’s charity drive. I found 3 balls of Patons Grace. After looking on line, I settled on making the Lace Vine Baby hat for my first hat. I am using a shade of pale apple green. It should knit up fairly fast. The one thing I will say is that as much as I love the look of mercerized cotton, I hate knitting with the stuff. I am a fairly tight knitter and that makes this type of cotton hard on my hands. I am using Knit Picks dpn’s and I am not loving them so much. I have to say that right now my INOX needles are my favorite. Regardless, this is not that big a project for it to matter too much. I am thinking of designing something of my own for the second hat.

How much time do you knit on the weekends? I hope that your weekend provided you with the perfect amount of knitting time!

No comments: