Wednesday, August 6, 2008

August Knitspectations

Well my first month of blogging has come and gone and I have no idea if anyone has found me yet, but I am enjoying myself nonetheless and the plan is to just get better and better.

I have been thinking about my goals for the next couple of months and here is what I have decided. For August, I am planning on finishing the Dayflower which continues to progress right along. I am also going to get back to my Spring Forward socks and finish those. Even though it has become a filler project, I would like to get through with the Lace Ribbon scarf just to get it off the books and last, but definitely not least, I need to finish my preemie hats for Sydney’s charity drive. If I can do all of this, I will feel as though I have met my Great Knitspectations for the month!

Then I got to thinking about September. I did a little research about what the months mean in certain cultures.In Old English, September was known as Hoerfest Month or Month of the Harvest which I found to be very fitting since my goal for September is to bring in the “harvest”, and finish as many of my incomplete projects as possible. That will clear the decks to move on to some new projects and I don’t know about you, but with Twist Collective, Knotions, Fall Vogue and the much anticipated Fall Interweave Knits, I see lots of new projects on the horizon – not to mention everything else that I had in my queue.

As much as I hate seeing the summer pass so quickly, I have to say that I am excited to move into prime knitting season. Let me know what you hope to accomplish the next couple of months.

No comments: