Thursday, July 31, 2008

Knitting Monogamy or Monotony?

As I have been discussing this week, I am trying to be monogamous with my Dayflower Cardigan and as a result, it is progressing at a nice pace. I have about 12 or so rows left on the back and then it is on to the front. I am really happy about how this is moving along, but there is part of me itching to get back to the Spring Forward Socks and I would like to be making a little bit of progress on the Lace Ribbon Scarf. How do you feel about knitting monogamy – do you enjoy it or does it become monotonous after a while?

Great Knitspectations is meant to be all about the journey and the process, but I think we will all admit that sooner or later in the lifespan of a project the process can get a little boring. I think that is why it is so important to make things that we love for whatever reason so there is always the motivation to get to the finish line.I really love the color and the yarn itself for the Dayflower Cardigan and I really want to wear it this season and I can’t wait to see the finished product so these things keep moving me forward. Knitting really is a psychological process in so many ways and more and more I am struck by how much our knitting life truly is a reflection of our daily lives.

Whether you are being monogamous with your knitting or not, I hope you are enjoying the journey!

1 comment:

Dead Boy said...

Nice blog and good post.
Saludos.
Http://hellsdoors.blogspot.com