Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Wip-N-Stash Parade

So, last week I got out a bunch of my containers and bags and started sorting through all of my various wip-n-stash. In some ways, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, but there is still more to go through. I had needles everywhere and I got them organized again so that was productive.

I have this really beautiful red colorway of Fleece Artists Basic Sock Merino that I have been wanting to use. At first, I thought I would make a Flower Basket Shawl, but I didn’t like the way it was working up. I am probably spoiled by the fact that my first Flower Basket Shawl was made in Koigu.

Anyways, I went on Ravelry and did a search to see what projects other people had made with the yarn. Ravelry is just so wonderful for checking out projects and getting ideas! In the midst of all the socks, I found a couple of people have made a Veronik Avery scarf with the yarn. All three looked beautiful and it was a Knitty pattern – so I found the perfect project for the yarn! Ravelry really is great because the pattern did not speak to me when I saw it in Knitty, but when I saw the ones made in Fleece Artist, it was a different story! It’s a fun knit and it is looking great. I am just loving it! Another stash item on the sticks with serious progress being made! Pictures coming soon!

No comments: