Friday, July 4, 2008

Indepedence from my yarn dependency


Today our country celebrates its independence. One of the goals for Great Knitspectations is to document my independence from my yarn compulsion. I am always going to want to be creative and I will probably always have a queue of projects, but I want to get to the point where my wip-n-stash levels are reasonable, but how does one define reasonable? I think for me it would mean having a couple of projects on the needles and maybe one or two in waiting with actual stash yarn. I think you also have to reserve space in your stash to acquire yarns that become available at a price that you can’t ignore or that are one of a kind, special. One of my biggest problems is that I use yarn purchasing as a coping mechanism when things bother me. It’s better than eating, but there comes a point when enough is enough. Also, what is more important – reducing stash or completing UFO’s? As I have been planning things, I have had a formula in my mind of one or two stash projects for every uncompleted UFO on the needles. That would have me working on about 3 projects at a time which provides variety. What do you think?
I am at the coast for the long weekend enjoying the beach. I have brought a few projects with me to work on and hopefully on Monday there will be at least one if not two finished projects to show. Have a happy 4th!

No comments: