Monday, July 28, 2008

Change of Priorities

I have been a little absent as of late and I am not sure what the exact reason is – lack of preparation is probably the biggest reason and the kid was on a trip with his father for a week and a half and when he is gone, I have to get a lot done in the other areas of my life. My guys (the kid and the ex)have returned and all is right in my world again.

In the past few weeks, I feel like I have made progress on some open projects and I have started to make a small dent in the stash pile. The other area where things have been different, is my commitment to not add to the stash. I don’t know that I will resist the whole year, but it really makes me stop and think about whether to buy or not to buy and so far, I have resisted.

On the knitting front, I have been working away on my Dayflower Cardigan. I came to the realization that this is a sweater that I can wear over the next couple of months and everything else I am working on can’t be worn for quite a while. This weekend I got the back done up to the armhole bind offs and I have both sleeves done. I did start the heel flap on my Spring Forward Sock and I did a little work on the Lace Ribbon Scarf, but for now I am going to focus my energies on the Dayflower. I love the color of the yarn, the thick and thin aspect of the yarn and quite honestly the way it feels in my hands.

I will post some pictures tomorrow. I hope everyone is doing well and staying cool. It is in the mid 90’s here today. Not my kind of weather, but thank god for air conditioning!

No comments: