Wednesday, January 7, 2009

January Knitting

I have debated about how to handle January. Besides being the first month of the new year, it is also my birthday month. I have been trying to decide whether to dedicate the month to WIP’s or just go with the flow. As I mentioned yesterday, I am working on the “Just Enough Ruffles” scarf with some of my stash yarn. Although I said there was no “going back” in terms of the way I picked up my wraps, last night I looked at it again and thought “I just don’t want this to look like this. I will know it isn’t the best it could be.” So I ripped back to the rows where I picked up the wraps and I am still not 100% pleased, but close enough. So I am now back to where you start the ruffle and then this project will be done. After that, I will go back to the One Cable Vest and get that done in short order. Then there is still Tribeca. I did not touch it all while on vacation. I brought it thinking I would at least figure out where the neck shaping has to begin, but because of having fun there was not as much knitting going on while on vacation. So I will proceed with these projects and then occasionally work on getting some time in on a WIP here or there.

Yesterday was a long day, but a good day. I have entered what we call “Book Season” in my professional world. My company develops affordable housing and our specialty is taking old mills, schools and factories and adapting them to be reused as housing. To do this, we apply for low-income tax credits available in each state. I coordinate producing the applications. It is right up my ally and I am glad when I have these projects to work on. Last night we finished a book for a mill conversion. It is a good project and it will create 75 really nice apartments for families. I didn’t go home until 7 last night, but when I headed home, I consciously left work behind and I had an albeit short night at home, but a pleasant and relaxing evening in the company of my one and only son (O&O).

I am going to post this without photographs and one of the things that I want to improve upon this year is my photography. I love pictures, but my time available to take them is short and being the perfectionist that I pretend not to be, I have a hard time just taking any old picture, but I think I have to accept that this is the way it needs to be if I am going to have photos to accompany my posts. Also, I need to use my time better on the weekends in terms of getting a variety of pictures in my “portfolio”. And one other thing that I am going to try to do in keeping with living a balanced life is get out of the office at lunch. Usually I stick around the office, but that is not the best way to live the kind of life I want to live this year. Here’s to finding joy and happiness in everyday life.

No comments: