Friday, August 8, 2008

Did the Vine Lace Hat Thrive or Wither?

Last night presented challenges yet again. I stuck with it and the hat is finished. I just have to block it this weekend and then there will be photos. I am glad that it is finished, but I have mixed emotions about it. I keep debating in my mind what I could do in the future to avoid the problems I encountered. It really is a lovely little hat and I wouldn’t mind making some more in the future if I could just figure out what to do to avoid making mistakes. I think the next time, being conscious of the issues I had this time, I would probably be more vigilant.

I am now faced with deciding what to do for my second hat for Sydney’s charity drive/contest. I am thinking of taking the shaping of this hat and creating another design within its framework using Patons Grace again. I have enough of the green to make another hat plus I have a full skein of light blue and one in purple. I will play around with it this weekend. At this point, I want to go ahead and get through this so I can get back to my other projects.

I am almost at the arm bind-off for the front I have been working on for the Dayflower cardigan and I know I will have that part of the front completed by the end of the weekend. We are supposed to have a beautiful weekend here in the mid 80’s with lower humidity. So I will have some wonderful knitting time ahead of me. Enjoy yours!

No comments: