Friday, August 15, 2008

Confessions

After making my pledge of no yarn purchases for an entire year, I gave in to temptation. First, in my defense, I will say that I gave in because the yarn is something unique to anything in my stash and it is a type of yarn that I had in the back of my mind for some projects. I purchased yarn from Beaverslide. Once I saw Terra in Knotions, I knew I wanted some of that yarn and I have ordered enough to make Terra and then enough to make a sweater from a Fine Fleece. Once I gave in, well…why not go ahead and buy some Dream in Color! So, I am the proud owner of 5 skeins of Dream in Color in the Flamingo Pie colorway. I am planning on making the February Lady sweater with it. I have swatched and even cast on, but that’s another confession.

OK, so on Monday I proclaimed that I didn’t want to start any new projects. I wanted to get what I had planned for August completed before anything new went on my needles. Then I got home Monday night only to realize that I had forgotten my knitting bag at work. So, what was a girl to do? I decided that I would go ahead and swatch for both the February Lady Sweater and for Tribeca. I got to swatching and got gauge for both projects on the first try. So, then I figured I could start the first few rows of the “lady”. I love the Dream in Color. I chose Flamigo Pie because I wanted something different. Lately, I have looked at my projects and I have so much in purples and reds which are two of my favorite colors as well as the two colors I ordered from Beaverslide, but I felt like I needed to branch out a little. Looking on Ravelry, it appeared that Flamingo Pie was pinkish yet peachy with a bit of sunshine in it so I thought I would give it a try. It is definitely outside my usual comfort zone, but I think it will be a great color for this sweater. I am not planning on doing anymore for now on it, but I did go ahead and cast on for Tribeca because it is a good project for me to work on while at Knit Night and I bought the yarn and the pattern at Knit Picky so that feels right. Tribeca is made in moss stitch and it is not my favorite stitch, but in the Cascade 220, it is a perfect combination. I know I am going to love this sweater. I just hope that I don’t hit a wall with the moss stitch, but if I do it as planned while at Knit Night once a week and little more here and there, it should be doable.

Another weekend is upon me and I am psyched. I am planning on doing a good bit of knitting. I finished the left front of the Dayflower last night so I will cast on tonight for the right front. I would love to get that piece done this weekend. It is definitely possible if life doesn’t get in the way. Happy weekend knitting to everyone!

No comments: